UN chief warns against hasty decisions in Ukraine
United Nations: Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is urging Russia and Ukraine to avoid provocation and hasty decisions in the coming days, warning that there is "a great risk of dangerous, downward spiral."
The UN chief said no "hasty measures" should be taken following Sunday`s referendum on whether Crimea should become part of Russia that "may impact the sovereignty, unity and territorial integrity of Ukraine."
"It is clear that we are at the crossroads," Ban said.
He told reporters he spoke earlier today with Russian President Vladimir Putin and discussed "the need to work toward a durable and fair political solution.
Ban met late yesterday with Ukraine`s Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk and said they discussed "the need for all concerned to respect the law and for calm in an increasing complex and threatening situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'