UN chief warns against hasty decisions in Ukraine
United Nations: Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is urging Russia and Ukraine to avoid provocation and hasty decisions in the coming days, warning that there is "a great risk of dangerous, downward spiral."
The UN chief said no "hasty measures" should be taken following Sunday`s referendum on whether Crimea should become part of Russia that "may impact the sovereignty, unity and territorial integrity of Ukraine."
"It is clear that we are at the crossroads," Ban said.
He told reporters he spoke earlier today with Russian President Vladimir Putin and discussed "the need to work toward a durable and fair political solution.
Ban met late yesterday with Ukraine`s Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk and said they discussed "the need for all concerned to respect the law and for calm in an increasing complex and threatening situation."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy