UN chief warns against hasty decisions in Ukraine
United Nations: Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is urging Russia and Ukraine to avoid provocation and hasty decisions in the coming days, warning that there is "a great risk of dangerous, downward spiral."
The UN chief said no "hasty measures" should be taken following Sunday`s referendum on whether Crimea should become part of Russia that "may impact the sovereignty, unity and territorial integrity of Ukraine."
"It is clear that we are at the crossroads," Ban said.
He told reporters he spoke earlier today with Russian President Vladimir Putin and discussed "the need to work toward a durable and fair political solution.
Ban met late yesterday with Ukraine`s Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk and said they discussed "the need for all concerned to respect the law and for calm in an increasing complex and threatening situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM