UN court on Hariri murder urges submission of `evidence`
Beirut: A UN tribunal probing the murder of
Lebanese ex-premier Rafiq Hariri on Wednesday called for the
submission of all "relevant evidence," days after Hezbollah
unveiled data allegedly implicating Israel.
"The office of the prosecutor has always invited and
continues to invite anyone who has evidence relevant to the
attack against former Prime Minister Rafiq Hariri to bring it
to its attention," tribunal spokeswoman Fatima Issawi said.
The tribunal prosecutor "has also said that any
allegation that is based on credible elements... will be
carefully considered," she added.
Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah on Monday unveiled
"evidence" that his arch-foe Israel was behind the February
14, 2005 bombing that killed Hariri and 22 others in Beirut.
Nasrallah produced several undated clips of aerial views
of various areas in Lebanon, including the site of the Hariri
assassination in mainly Sunni west Beirut several years prior
to the murder.
He said the footage was intercepted from unmanned Israeli
MK surveillance drones.
Syrian- and Iranian-backed Hezbollah is facing increasing
pressure as the UN-backed tribunal appears set to accuse
several of its members.
Nasrallah has said Prime Minister Saad Hariri, son of
Rafiq, vowed he would publicly declare any Hezbollah members
indicted were renegades and not disciplined party members.
Hariri`s stance is widely viewed as an attempt to avoid
violence between his mainly Sunni Muslim supporters and
supporters of the Shiite Hezbollah at all costs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title