UN drops Colombia from drug trafficking list
Bogota: The United Nations is recognising
Colombia`s progress in combating drug trafficking by dropping
it from the list of countries requiring special observation,
an official told reporters.
"Colombia in 2011 is removed from the special
observation list," Camilo Uribe, a member of the International
Narcotics Control Board, told reporters.
Uribe said the move hoped to encourage the fight
against drugs in Colombia, which "nonetheless continues to be
the world`s largest producer."
"I don`t want to say there is no cultivation,
trafficking or consumption. I want to say they have
strengthened state institutions and the justice system," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites