UN envoy arrives in Syria for Geneva-II preparations
Damascus: Lakhdar Brahimi, the UN-Arab League joint special envoy, arrived in Syria Monday wrapping up a regional tour aimed at garnering support for the upcoming Geneva-II international conference on Syria.
Brahimi was received at the Syrian border by Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad, Xinhua reported.
The visit to Syria aims at finalising details on the Geneva-II conference planned for the end of November.
The conference is designed to bring the Syrian opposition and the government to the negotiation table to hammer out a political solution to their long-standing conflict.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read