UN envoy arrives in Syria for Geneva-II preparations
Damascus: Lakhdar Brahimi, the UN-Arab League joint special envoy, arrived in Syria Monday wrapping up a regional tour aimed at garnering support for the upcoming Geneva-II international conference on Syria.
Brahimi was received at the Syrian border by Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad, Xinhua reported.
The visit to Syria aims at finalising details on the Geneva-II conference planned for the end of November.
The conference is designed to bring the Syrian opposition and the government to the negotiation table to hammer out a political solution to their long-standing conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'