UN envoy arrives in Syria for Geneva-II preparations
Damascus: Lakhdar Brahimi, the UN-Arab League joint special envoy, arrived in Syria Monday wrapping up a regional tour aimed at garnering support for the upcoming Geneva-II international conference on Syria.
Brahimi was received at the Syrian border by Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad, Xinhua reported.
The visit to Syria aims at finalising details on the Geneva-II conference planned for the end of November.
The conference is designed to bring the Syrian opposition and the government to the negotiation table to hammer out a political solution to their long-standing conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonam Kapoor with Shah Rukh Khan in a film? Here's what the diva has to say!
- Space station gets ready for expansion of inflatable capsule 'BEAM' today
- India home to 56 of the world's 2,000 largest public companies: Forbes
- SRH vs KKR, IPL 2016: Kuldeep's spell; Yuvraj's knock; Bhuvi-Mustafizur's accuracy – three talking points
- This packing hack is just awesome! Watch video