UN envoy arrives in Syria for Geneva-II preparations
Damascus: Lakhdar Brahimi, the UN-Arab League joint special envoy, arrived in Syria Monday wrapping up a regional tour aimed at garnering support for the upcoming Geneva-II international conference on Syria.
Brahimi was received at the Syrian border by Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad, Xinhua reported.
The visit to Syria aims at finalising details on the Geneva-II conference planned for the end of November.
The conference is designed to bring the Syrian opposition and the government to the negotiation table to hammer out a political solution to their long-standing conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa