`UN experts say Iran sends arms to Syria`
New York: A Security Council diplomat says a report by an expert panel monitoring UN sanctions on Iran concluded that Syria continues to be the main destination of illicit Iranian weapons.
The diplomat on Wednesday said that the panel identified three new illegal shipments, two involving Syria and the third involved rockets which Britain said last year were destined for Taliban militants in Afghanistan. The diplomat spoke on condition of anonymity because the report has not been released.
The diplomat said the report to the UN Security Council committee monitoring sanctions against Iran said Tehran has been trying to evade sanctions by renaming ships to obscure their identity.
The diplomat added that, according to the report, Iran has also been using front companies, concealing the end use and end users of items, falsifying documents and using the Iranian Diaspora to procure banned items.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Brazilian research proves Aedes aegypti mosquito as source of Zika virus!
- 'Nokia could cut 10,000-15,000 jobs worldwide'
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016
- Air ambulance with seven people crash lands in Delhi's Najafgarh
- Nehru, Gandhi family responsible for rising rapes in India, says Rajasthan BJP MLA Gyandev Ahuja