`UN experts say Iran sends arms to Syria`
New York: A Security Council diplomat says a report by an expert panel monitoring UN sanctions on Iran concluded that Syria continues to be the main destination of illicit Iranian weapons.
The diplomat on Wednesday said that the panel identified three new illegal shipments, two involving Syria and the third involved rockets which Britain said last year were destined for Taliban militants in Afghanistan. The diplomat spoke on condition of anonymity because the report has not been released.
The diplomat said the report to the UN Security Council committee monitoring sanctions against Iran said Tehran has been trying to evade sanctions by renaming ships to obscure their identity.
The diplomat added that, according to the report, Iran has also been using front companies, concealing the end use and end users of items, falsifying documents and using the Iranian Diaspora to procure banned items.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt