`UN experts say Iran sends arms to Syria`
New York: A Security Council diplomat says a report by an expert panel monitoring UN sanctions on Iran concluded that Syria continues to be the main destination of illicit Iranian weapons.
The diplomat on Wednesday said that the panel identified three new illegal shipments, two involving Syria and the third involved rockets which Britain said last year were destined for Taliban militants in Afghanistan. The diplomat spoke on condition of anonymity because the report has not been released.
The diplomat said the report to the UN Security Council committee monitoring sanctions against Iran said Tehran has been trying to evade sanctions by renaming ships to obscure their identity.
The diplomat added that, according to the report, Iran has also been using front companies, concealing the end use and end users of items, falsifying documents and using the Iranian Diaspora to procure banned items.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says