UN General Assembly adopts Goldstone report
New York: The UN General Assembly on Thursday voted 114-18 to adopt a controversial report on the Israel-Hamas fighting in the Gaza Strip earlier this year.
The majority voting bloc of Arab and Non-Aligned Movement countries in the 192-nation assembly easily provided the votes for passing the report drawn up by a four-member commission headed by South African Judge Richard Goldstone, which accused both sides of committing war crimes and crimes against humanity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year