UN General Assembly adopts Goldstone report
New York: The UN General Assembly on Thursday voted 114-18 to adopt a controversial report on the Israel-Hamas fighting in the Gaza Strip earlier this year.
The majority voting bloc of Arab and Non-Aligned Movement countries in the 192-nation assembly easily provided the votes for passing the report drawn up by a four-member commission headed by South African Judge Richard Goldstone, which accused both sides of committing war crimes and crimes against humanity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years