UN genocide tribunal sentences Rwandan to 25 years
Arusha (Tanzania): A United Nations court has
sentenced a former businessman to 25 years in prison for his
role in Rwanda`s 1994 genocide.
Yusuf Munyakazai was convicted of leading an attack that
killed 60 to 100 Tutsis and sentenced today. He also was
accused of helping transport Hutu militias to sites where he
helped them kill hundreds of Tutsis.
Munyakazai, 74, is the oldest person on trial at the
court set up to try those suspected of involvement in Rwanda`s
The court has convicted dozens of people and trials are
ongoing for 24 people.
At least 5,00,000 ethnic Tutsis and moderate Hutus were
killed during Rwanda`s genocide, which began after President
Juvenal Habyarimana`s plane was brought down in April 1994.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player