UN genocide tribunal sentences Rwandan to 25 years
Arusha (Tanzania): A United Nations court has
sentenced a former businessman to 25 years in prison for his
role in Rwanda`s 1994 genocide.
Yusuf Munyakazai was convicted of leading an attack that
killed 60 to 100 Tutsis and sentenced today. He also was
accused of helping transport Hutu militias to sites where he
helped them kill hundreds of Tutsis.
Munyakazai, 74, is the oldest person on trial at the
court set up to try those suspected of involvement in Rwanda`s
The court has convicted dozens of people and trials are
ongoing for 24 people.
At least 5,00,000 ethnic Tutsis and moderate Hutus were
killed during Rwanda`s genocide, which began after President
Juvenal Habyarimana`s plane was brought down in April 1994.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipul Sharma: What you need to know about SunRisers Hyderabad's gamechanger
- Women too post sexist comments on Twitter, reveals study
- Thai man whose penis was bitten by 10-foot long python in toilet recovering
- IPL 9: How 'injured' Ashish Nehra is helping SunRisers Hyderabad bowlers!
- CBSE class 10th results 2016 declared; with 96.36% pass percentage, girls outshine boys