UN gives Suu Kyi non violence prize awarded in 2002
Yangon: The UN has given Aung San Suu Kyi a
10-year-old peace award delayed by her long house arrest.
A UN official visiting Myanmar presented Suu Kyi with its
Mandanjeet Singh Prize for the Promotion of Tolerance and
The prize is named after an Indian writer and
Myanmar`s former ruling junta had Suu Kyi under house
arrest when she was named for the prize in 2002.
The Paris-based UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural
Organisation said in a statement that its chief Ryuhei Hosoya
delivered the prize.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside
- Top 10 stocks to be on radar post Brexit
- India's forex reserves adequate to tackle Brexit impact: RBI