UN human rights rapporteur took US bribes: Iran
Tehran: An Iranian official has accused the UN special rapporteur for human rights in Iran of taking bribes from the United States.
A report on Friday by the semi-official ISNA news agency quotes Mohammad Javad Larijani, the secretary general of Iran`s high council for human rights, as saying Ahmed Shaheed "received money" from the US. He said that was why he could only parrot US allegations against Iran. He did not detail the evidence.
Larijani said Iran has provided UN with considerable evidence of violations by Shaheed, the Geneva-based UN Human Rights Council`s special rapporteur on Iran.
He said Shaheed behaves like a TV celebrity, appearing on western television stations to make comments against Iran. Shaheed has produced four reports on alleged violations of human rights in Iran. Iran denies the charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- Rupee free fall continues, plunges 26 paise to 67.75
- HDFC Realty, SBI Caps to auction 61 properties of Sahara
- Tech Mahindra net soars 90% to Rs 897-crore on margin surge, forex gains
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad's Ashish Nehra to undergo knee surgery