UN human rights rapporteur took US bribes: Iran
Tehran: An Iranian official has accused the UN special rapporteur for human rights in Iran of taking bribes from the United States.
A report on Friday by the semi-official ISNA news agency quotes Mohammad Javad Larijani, the secretary general of Iran`s high council for human rights, as saying Ahmed Shaheed "received money" from the US. He said that was why he could only parrot US allegations against Iran. He did not detail the evidence.
Larijani said Iran has provided UN with considerable evidence of violations by Shaheed, the Geneva-based UN Human Rights Council`s special rapporteur on Iran.
He said Shaheed behaves like a TV celebrity, appearing on western television stations to make comments against Iran. Shaheed has produced four reports on alleged violations of human rights in Iran. Iran denies the charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket