UN mission finds 13 bodies in Syria
Damascus: The UN supervision mission in Syria has discovered 13 bodies near Deir al-Zour province, with all of them with their hands tied behind their backs, the mission`s spokeswoman said in a statement Wednesday.
The bodies were discovered Tuesday night in Assukar area, 50 km east of Deir al-Zour, Xinhua quoted Sausan Ghosheh as saying, adding that some of them appeared to have been shot in the head from a short distance.
Ghosheh said the head of the UN observers, Major General Robert Mood, is "deeply disturbed by this appalling and inexcusable act".
Mood called on all parties to exercise restraint and end the cycle of violence for the sake of Syria and the Syrian people, Ghosheh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi