UN mission finds 13 bodies in Syria
Damascus: The UN supervision mission in Syria has discovered 13 bodies near Deir al-Zour province, with all of them with their hands tied behind their backs, the mission`s spokeswoman said in a statement Wednesday.
The bodies were discovered Tuesday night in Assukar area, 50 km east of Deir al-Zour, Xinhua quoted Sausan Ghosheh as saying, adding that some of them appeared to have been shot in the head from a short distance.
Ghosheh said the head of the UN observers, Major General Robert Mood, is "deeply disturbed by this appalling and inexcusable act".
Mood called on all parties to exercise restraint and end the cycle of violence for the sake of Syria and the Syrian people, Ghosheh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000