UN mission finds 13 bodies in Syria
Damascus: The UN supervision mission in Syria has discovered 13 bodies near Deir al-Zour province, with all of them with their hands tied behind their backs, the mission`s spokeswoman said in a statement Wednesday.
The bodies were discovered Tuesday night in Assukar area, 50 km east of Deir al-Zour, Xinhua quoted Sausan Ghosheh as saying, adding that some of them appeared to have been shot in the head from a short distance.
Ghosheh said the head of the UN observers, Major General Robert Mood, is "deeply disturbed by this appalling and inexcusable act".
Mood called on all parties to exercise restraint and end the cycle of violence for the sake of Syria and the Syrian people, Ghosheh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday