UN mission finds 13 bodies in Syria
Damascus: The UN supervision mission in Syria has discovered 13 bodies near Deir al-Zour province, with all of them with their hands tied behind their backs, the mission`s spokeswoman said in a statement Wednesday.
The bodies were discovered Tuesday night in Assukar area, 50 km east of Deir al-Zour, Xinhua quoted Sausan Ghosheh as saying, adding that some of them appeared to have been shot in the head from a short distance.
Ghosheh said the head of the UN observers, Major General Robert Mood, is "deeply disturbed by this appalling and inexcusable act".
Mood called on all parties to exercise restraint and end the cycle of violence for the sake of Syria and the Syrian people, Ghosheh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Obama looks to Hiroshima visit; Abe won't go to Pearl Harbor
- India emerges as 5th largest producer of e-waste in world, says study
- Arun Shourie's comments against Narendra Modi based on personal reasons: Arun Jaitley
- AFSPA should stay till police trained to contain insurgency: RSS
- Watch: You'll never see a wolfdog who wants a belly rub as much as this one!