UN official: Mladic threatened to kill civilians
A former United Nations official in Bosnia says Gen Ratko Mladic threatened to kill civilians in a chilling foreshadowing of the Srebrenica massacre.
David Harland, the second prosecution witness to testify at the former Bosnian Serb military chief`s UN trial, said today he met often with Mladic during the 1992-95 war and noticed him becoming increasingly belligerent as the conflict drew on, including threatening to kill civilians in the UN-protected enclaves which included Srebrenica.
Mladic is accused of crimes including genocide for allegedly masterminding the 1995 massacre of some 8,000 Muslim men in Srebrenica.
Harland`s testimony is key to prosecutors because he regularly met Mladic and can provide an insight into his actions and motivations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India