UN official: Mladic threatened to kill civilians
A former United Nations official in Bosnia says Gen Ratko Mladic threatened to kill civilians in a chilling foreshadowing of the Srebrenica massacre.
David Harland, the second prosecution witness to testify at the former Bosnian Serb military chief`s UN trial, said today he met often with Mladic during the 1992-95 war and noticed him becoming increasingly belligerent as the conflict drew on, including threatening to kill civilians in the UN-protected enclaves which included Srebrenica.
Mladic is accused of crimes including genocide for allegedly masterminding the 1995 massacre of some 8,000 Muslim men in Srebrenica.
Harland`s testimony is key to prosecutors because he regularly met Mladic and can provide an insight into his actions and motivations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing