UN official: Mladic threatened to kill civilians
A former United Nations official in Bosnia says Gen Ratko Mladic threatened to kill civilians in a chilling foreshadowing of the Srebrenica massacre.
David Harland, the second prosecution witness to testify at the former Bosnian Serb military chief`s UN trial, said today he met often with Mladic during the 1992-95 war and noticed him becoming increasingly belligerent as the conflict drew on, including threatening to kill civilians in the UN-protected enclaves which included Srebrenica.
Mladic is accused of crimes including genocide for allegedly masterminding the 1995 massacre of some 8,000 Muslim men in Srebrenica.
Harland`s testimony is key to prosecutors because he regularly met Mladic and can provide an insight into his actions and motivations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi