UN rights body extends mandate of Libya panel
Geneva: The UN`s main human rights forum
has extended the mandate of its expert panel investigating
abuses in Libya.
The UN Human Rights Council condemned "ongoing gross
and systematic human rights violations" in the North African
country, some of which it said "may also amount to crimes
The 47-member council agreed without a vote today to
back the resolution that extends the work of three independent
human rights experts until the end of the year.
The panel told the Geneva-based council earlier this
month government forces have committed crimes against humanity
and war crimes in a conflict it estimates has killed between
The council welcomed the rebel authority`s pledge to
investigate alleged abuses by its forces also mentioned in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years