UN says 20 peacekeepers detained on Golan Heights
United Nations: The United Nations says about 20 peacekeepers in the force charged with monitoring the cease-fire between Israel and Syrian troops on the Golan Heights have been detained by approximately 30 armed fighters.
U.N. Deputy spokesman Eduardo del Buey says the U.N. observers were on a regular supply mission today when they were stopped near an observation post which sustained damage and was evacuated last weekend following heavy combat.
He said the U.N. Peacekeeping mission has dispatched a team to assess the situation and attempt a resolution.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living