UN says 20 peacekeepers detained on Golan Heights
United Nations: The United Nations says about 20 peacekeepers in the force charged with monitoring the cease-fire between Israel and Syrian troops on the Golan Heights have been detained by approximately 30 armed fighters.
U.N. Deputy spokesman Eduardo del Buey says the U.N. observers were on a regular supply mission today when they were stopped near an observation post which sustained damage and was evacuated last weekend following heavy combat.
He said the U.N. Peacekeeping mission has dispatched a team to assess the situation and attempt a resolution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident