UN says 20 peacekeepers detained on Golan Heights
United Nations: The United Nations says about 20 peacekeepers in the force charged with monitoring the cease-fire between Israel and Syrian troops on the Golan Heights have been detained by approximately 30 armed fighters.
U.N. Deputy spokesman Eduardo del Buey says the U.N. observers were on a regular supply mission today when they were stopped near an observation post which sustained damage and was evacuated last weekend following heavy combat.
He said the U.N. Peacekeeping mission has dispatched a team to assess the situation and attempt a resolution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Rashtrapati Bhavan battles mosquitoes
- Rio Olympics inspired mural sets new Guinness World Record
- Terror motive suspected in Australia stabbing attack
- Indians wildly celebrating two 'losing' medals? This British journalist terms it EMBARRASSING!
- Driverless cars on the horizon, but India far from ready