UN Security Council condemns coup in Mali
United Nations: The UN Security Council is
condemning the "forcible takeover" of Mali by mutinous
The statement read today at the opening of a Security
Council session on peacekeeping operations calls on the rebels
to cease all violence and return to their barracks.
The council wants the west African country to be able to
go ahead with previously scheduled elections this spring.
The council says the upheaval in Mali is compounding
problems in the region caused by drought, food shortages and
the influx of workers and fighters leaving Libya after the
overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh chairs high-level meeting in Kashmir
- India, Bangladesh border forces discuss issues in Tripura
- Four hospitals hit by air raids in Syria's Aleppo: Doctors
- China unveils world's largest amphibious aircraft