UN Security Council condemns coup in Mali
United Nations: The UN Security Council is
condemning the "forcible takeover" of Mali by mutinous
The statement read today at the opening of a Security
Council session on peacekeeping operations calls on the rebels
to cease all violence and return to their barracks.
The council wants the west African country to be able to
go ahead with previously scheduled elections this spring.
The council says the upheaval in Mali is compounding
problems in the region caused by drought, food shortages and
the influx of workers and fighters leaving Libya after the
overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next