UN Security Council condemns coup in Mali
United Nations: The UN Security Council is
condemning the "forcible takeover" of Mali by mutinous
The statement read today at the opening of a Security
Council session on peacekeeping operations calls on the rebels
to cease all violence and return to their barracks.
The council wants the west African country to be able to
go ahead with previously scheduled elections this spring.
The council says the upheaval in Mali is compounding
problems in the region caused by drought, food shortages and
the influx of workers and fighters leaving Libya after the
overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you