UN Security Council condemns coup in Mali
United Nations: The UN Security Council is
condemning the "forcible takeover" of Mali by mutinous
The statement read today at the opening of a Security
Council session on peacekeeping operations calls on the rebels
to cease all violence and return to their barracks.
The council wants the west African country to be able to
go ahead with previously scheduled elections this spring.
The council says the upheaval in Mali is compounding
problems in the region caused by drought, food shortages and
the influx of workers and fighters leaving Libya after the
overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi last year.
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Officials involved in water tanker scam in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed suspended