UN Security Council condemns coup in Mali
United Nations: The UN Security Council is
condemning the "forcible takeover" of Mali by mutinous
The statement read today at the opening of a Security
Council session on peacekeeping operations calls on the rebels
to cease all violence and return to their barracks.
The council wants the west African country to be able to
go ahead with previously scheduled elections this spring.
The council says the upheaval in Mali is compounding
problems in the region caused by drought, food shortages and
the influx of workers and fighters leaving Libya after the
overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read