`UN team did not visit Iran`s nuclear sites`
Tehran: Visiting UN inspectors did not visit
any of the country`s nuclear sites, Iran`s official news agency has reported, concentrating instead on talks with
IRNA yesterday quoted an unnamed Iranian official as
saying the team of experts from the International Atomic
Energy Agency conducted negotiations with Iranians and did not
visit the sites where uranium is being enriched. He said the
talks were held in a "positive and constructive atmosphere."
The report did not elaborate. There was no comment from the UN
Tension has been building over Iran`s nuclear program.
The US and its allies charge that Iran is using its uranium
enrichment facilities to produce material for nuclear weapons.
Iran has declined to abandon its enrichment labs, saying it
seeks to operate the reactors only for energy and medical
purposes, not for making weapons.
The IAEA team arrived Sunday on a visit set for three
days. An Iranian official indicated it could be extended, but
a report from the semi-official Fars news agency Tuesday
indicated the talks were over.
Mohammad Karamirad, a member of the influential
parliamentary committee on national security and foreign
policy, told the Isna news agency yesterday that the visit by
the IAEA team showed Iran has had "comprehensive and honest
cooperation with the agency."
Karamirad said, "The visit can be beginning of new round
of talks with the West, and it proves the peacefulness of
Iran`s nuclear activities."
Iran has been trying to display cooperation with the team
and downplay expectations of a confrontational atmosphere
during the visit, which began Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!