UN tribunal rejects Karadzic`s bid to fire lawyer
The Hague: The Yugoslav war crimes tribunal has rejected Radovan Karadzic`s attempt to fire his court-appointed lawyer.
The UN court appointed British attorney Richard Harvey in November to defend Karadzic if the former Bosnian Serb leader continues to boycott his trial when it resumes in March.
Karadzic is conducting his own defense. He refused to attend the start of his genocide trial in October, arguing he has not had enough time to prepare.
In a decision released Thursday, the tribunal rejected Karadzic`s argument that he should have been allowed to choose a lawyer who shared his language and Serb heritage.
Karadzic insists he is innocent of 11 charges alleging he masterminded Serb atrocities throughout Bosnia`s 1992-95 war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family