UN tribunal rejects Karadzic`s bid to fire lawyer
The Hague: The Yugoslav war crimes tribunal has rejected Radovan Karadzic`s attempt to fire his court-appointed lawyer.
The UN court appointed British attorney Richard Harvey in November to defend Karadzic if the former Bosnian Serb leader continues to boycott his trial when it resumes in March.
Karadzic is conducting his own defense. He refused to attend the start of his genocide trial in October, arguing he has not had enough time to prepare.
In a decision released Thursday, the tribunal rejected Karadzic`s argument that he should have been allowed to choose a lawyer who shared his language and Serb heritage.
Karadzic insists he is innocent of 11 charges alleging he masterminded Serb atrocities throughout Bosnia`s 1992-95 war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief