UN vote underscores US moral weakness: Castro
Havana: The UN General Assembly`s vote
condemning the US blockade of Cuba shows the "moral and
political feebleness" of Washington`s policy toward Havana,
Fidel Castro declared on Thursday.
In an article published in state-run newspapers, the
85-year-old former president also denounced "the oligarchic
interests and insatiable thirst for power and wealth" shown by
the United States.
The UN General Assembly passed its 20th annual Cuba
resolution on Tuesday by 186 votes to two, with just the
United States and Israel voting against the measure. There
were three abstentions.
The Cuban government accuses Washington of intensifying
restrictions on trade and economic contacts with the communist
island in recent years.
Havana says the half-century embargo on trade, travel and
financial has cost more than USD 975 billion.
US President Barack Obama said last month that he would
be ready to change the tough policy if there was evidence of
reforms in the communist state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh