Undaunted Tunisian protesters rally again
Tunis: Hundreds of Tunisian protesters are demonstrating outside the Prime Minister`s office to demand the removal of members of the ousted president`s regime still in the government.
The rally in Tunis early Tuesday is taking place a day after authorities fired tear gas on protesters in the same area, and some demonstrators shattered the windows of police cars.
Many people bundled up in blankets slept outside near the prime minister`s office overnight, in defiance of a curfew initiated in response to unrest that forced President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali to flee Tunisia on January 14.
Tunisia`s so-called "Jasmine Revolution" has sparked scattered protests and civil disobedience in the Middle East and North Africa, and much of the world is watching to see how the birth pangs of Tunisian democracy play out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users