UNESCO to add Bethlehem to World`s Heritage List
Ramallah: The Unesco on Friday decided to include the West Bank city of Bethlehem and the Church of Nativity in world`s heritage list, reported Xinhua citing local media reports.
A Unesco committee, which has been convening in St. Petersburg of Russia since Sunday, is expected to study until July 6 about adding 36 sites from all over the world to its world heritage list, including Bethlehem and the Church of Nativity.
Palestinian news websites reported that the overwhelming majority in the committee had voted Friday in favour of adding Bethlehem, the city worshipped as the birthplace of Jesus and its Church of Nativity to the world list of heritage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra