UNESCO to add Bethlehem to World`s Heritage List
Ramallah: The Unesco on Friday decided to include the West Bank city of Bethlehem and the Church of Nativity in world`s heritage list, reported Xinhua citing local media reports.
A Unesco committee, which has been convening in St. Petersburg of Russia since Sunday, is expected to study until July 6 about adding 36 sites from all over the world to its world heritage list, including Bethlehem and the Church of Nativity.
Palestinian news websites reported that the overwhelming majority in the committee had voted Friday in favour of adding Bethlehem, the city worshipped as the birthplace of Jesus and its Church of Nativity to the world list of heritage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter