UNESCO to add Bethlehem to World`s Heritage List
Ramallah: The Unesco on Friday decided to include the West Bank city of Bethlehem and the Church of Nativity in world`s heritage list, reported Xinhua citing local media reports.
A Unesco committee, which has been convening in St. Petersburg of Russia since Sunday, is expected to study until July 6 about adding 36 sites from all over the world to its world heritage list, including Bethlehem and the Church of Nativity.
Palestinian news websites reported that the overwhelming majority in the committee had voted Friday in favour of adding Bethlehem, the city worshipped as the birthplace of Jesus and its Church of Nativity to the world list of heritage.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know