UNESCO to add Bethlehem to World`s Heritage List
Ramallah: The Unesco on Friday decided to include the West Bank city of Bethlehem and the Church of Nativity in world`s heritage list, reported Xinhua citing local media reports.
A Unesco committee, which has been convening in St. Petersburg of Russia since Sunday, is expected to study until July 6 about adding 36 sites from all over the world to its world heritage list, including Bethlehem and the Church of Nativity.
Palestinian news websites reported that the overwhelming majority in the committee had voted Friday in favour of adding Bethlehem, the city worshipped as the birthplace of Jesus and its Church of Nativity to the world list of heritage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video