UNESCO to add Bethlehem to World`s Heritage List
Ramallah: The Unesco on Friday decided to include the West Bank city of Bethlehem and the Church of Nativity in world`s heritage list, reported Xinhua citing local media reports.
A Unesco committee, which has been convening in St. Petersburg of Russia since Sunday, is expected to study until July 6 about adding 36 sites from all over the world to its world heritage list, including Bethlehem and the Church of Nativity.
Palestinian news websites reported that the overwhelming majority in the committee had voted Friday in favour of adding Bethlehem, the city worshipped as the birthplace of Jesus and its Church of Nativity to the world list of heritage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II