Unity against Assad: Syrian opposition leader
Stockholm: A prominent Syrian opposition figure
says coordinating the country`s fragmented opposition is "very
important, even urgent" if the pro-democracy revolution is to
Bourhan Ghalioun, the unofficial chairman of the newly
formed Syrian National Council, says he expects the
organisation will be recognised "in the coming few weeks."
The creation of the broad-based council was announced last
week in Turkey, but it has not yet been recognised as a legal
representative of the Syrian people by any country or
Ghalioun was one of nearly one hundred opponents meeting
today in Stockholm to discuss ways to overthrow President
Bashar Assad`s regime, following months of unrest and bloody
crackdowns on protesters that has left thousands dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray