Unrest in Syria affecting Lebanon: Hillary
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has expressed concerns that developments in Syria are contributing to instability in Lebanon.
"We encourage all parties to exercise restraint and demonstrate respect for Lebanon`s security and stability, consistent with United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1559 and 1701," Hillary said in a statement yesterday.
She also called on the Syrian regime to stop the violence and fully implement the Annan Plan.
"The regime needs to institute a peaceful, democratic transition now. We remain committed to a unified, stable, sovereign, and independent Lebanon," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read