Unrest in Syria affecting Lebanon: Hillary
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has expressed concerns that developments in Syria are contributing to instability in Lebanon.
"We encourage all parties to exercise restraint and demonstrate respect for Lebanon`s security and stability, consistent with United Nations Security Council Resolutions 1559 and 1701," Hillary said in a statement yesterday.
She also called on the Syrian regime to stop the violence and fully implement the Annan Plan.
"The regime needs to institute a peaceful, democratic transition now. We remain committed to a unified, stable, sovereign, and independent Lebanon," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16