UNRWA chief denounces Israel for strike on Gaza school
Jerusalem: The head of UN agency for Palestinian refugees issued a furious denunciation of an Israel strike on one of its schools in Gaza which killed 16 people on Wednesday.
"I condemn in the strongest possible terms this serious violation of international law by Israeli forces," said UNRWA commissioner General Pierre Krahenbuhl, saying the school`s location had been communicated to the Israeli army 17 times.
"This is the sixth time that one of our schools has been struck," he said, indicating some 3,300 people had been sheltering in the school in Jabaliya refugee camp at the moment it was struck.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city