UNRWA chief denounces Israel for strike on Gaza school
Jerusalem: The head of UN agency for Palestinian refugees issued a furious denunciation of an Israel strike on one of its schools in Gaza which killed 16 people on Wednesday.
"I condemn in the strongest possible terms this serious violation of international law by Israeli forces," said UNRWA commissioner General Pierre Krahenbuhl, saying the school`s location had been communicated to the Israeli army 17 times.
"This is the sixth time that one of our schools has been struck," he said, indicating some 3,300 people had been sheltering in the school in Jabaliya refugee camp at the moment it was struck.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened