UNSC calls on Syria to allow humanitarian access
New York: UN Security Council has called on the Syrian authorities to allow "immediate, full and unimpeded" humanitarian access.
The Security Council called upon the Syrian authorities to "allow immediate, full and unimpeded access of humanitarian personnel to all populations in need of assistance, in accordance with international law and guiding principles of humanitarian assistance," Xinhua reported a UNSC statement as saying on Thursday.
The press statement was read out by British Ambassdar to the UN Mark Lyall Grant, whose country holds this month`s Security Council presidency.
According to the statement, the 15-member council expressed its "deep disappointment" on Valerie Amos, United Nations` under-secretary-general for humanitarian affairs and emergency relief coordinator, not being granted authorisation to visit Syria.
It called upon the Syrian authorities to grant her "immediate and unhindered access," the statement added.
The council also called upon all parties in Syria, in particular the Syrian authorities, to cooperate fully with the UN and relevant humanitarian organisations to facilitate the provision of humanitarian assistance and allow evacuation of the wounded from affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested