UNSC condemns attacks on Israeli diplomats in India
New York: The UN Security Council has condemned the recent terrorist attack on an Israeli embassy staffer in New Delhi.
The members of the council condemned the recurring acts of violence against diplomatic and consular representatives, it said a statement on Thursday.
On February 13, four people were injured when an Israeli diplomat`s car was hit by a bomb near the Israeli embassy in New Delhi.
Tal Yehoshua Koren, wife of the Israeli defence attaché, and an Israeli embassy staffer herself suffered multiple injuries in the attack.
On the same day, an Israeli embassy staffer in Tbilisi discovered a bomb attached to his car. The bomb was later defused, Xinhua reported.
"The members of the Security Council reaffirmed that terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to peace and security and that any acts of terrorism are criminal and unjustifiable regardless of their motivations, whenever and by whomsoever committed," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers