UNSC condemns attacks on Israeli diplomats in India
New York: The UN Security Council has condemned the recent terrorist attack on an Israeli embassy staffer in New Delhi.
The members of the council condemned the recurring acts of violence against diplomatic and consular representatives, it said a statement on Thursday.
On February 13, four people were injured when an Israeli diplomat`s car was hit by a bomb near the Israeli embassy in New Delhi.
Tal Yehoshua Koren, wife of the Israeli defence attaché, and an Israeli embassy staffer herself suffered multiple injuries in the attack.
On the same day, an Israeli embassy staffer in Tbilisi discovered a bomb attached to his car. The bomb was later defused, Xinhua reported.
"The members of the Security Council reaffirmed that terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to peace and security and that any acts of terrorism are criminal and unjustifiable regardless of their motivations, whenever and by whomsoever committed," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok