UNSC condemns attacks on Israeli diplomats in India
New York: The UN Security Council has condemned the recent terrorist attack on an Israeli embassy staffer in New Delhi.
The members of the council condemned the recurring acts of violence against diplomatic and consular representatives, it said a statement on Thursday.
On February 13, four people were injured when an Israeli diplomat`s car was hit by a bomb near the Israeli embassy in New Delhi.
Tal Yehoshua Koren, wife of the Israeli defence attaché, and an Israeli embassy staffer herself suffered multiple injuries in the attack.
On the same day, an Israeli embassy staffer in Tbilisi discovered a bomb attached to his car. The bomb was later defused, Xinhua reported.
"The members of the Security Council reaffirmed that terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to peace and security and that any acts of terrorism are criminal and unjustifiable regardless of their motivations, whenever and by whomsoever committed," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!