UNSC P-5 agree on new Iran sanctions: Official
Moscow: UN Security Council`s permanent
members have "fully agreed" on a draft resolution on imposing
fresh sanctions on Iran over its controversial nuclear
programme, a Russian official said on Tuesday.
The permanent members have agreed on the coordinated
draft of the resolution for clamping new sanctions, an unnamed
Kremlin official was quoted as saying by ITAR-TASS.
"At this moment the draft of the UNSC resolution has
been fully agreed and we do not see any problems in adopting
it," the official said.
Earlier on Tuesday, speaking in Istanbul on the sidelines
of the Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building in
Asia (CICA), Prime Minister Vladimir Putin had also said that
the P-5 had readied a draft resolution on Iran.
Putin said all permanent members, including Russia and
China, have finalised the resolution on new sanctions on
Tehran for its refusal to cooperate with the International
Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and allay fears over its nuclear
Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said that his
country would not hold talks over the issue new sanctions were
slapped against it.
Turkey and Brazil brokered a deal with Iran last month
under which Tehran had committed to deposit 1,200 kilogrammes
of low-enriched uranium in Turkey in return for reactor fuel.
But the deal did not evoke a positive reaction from
Western powers led by the US, who said the deal failed to
address concerns about Iran`s nuclear programme.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!