UNSC P-5 agree on new Iran sanctions: Official
Moscow: UN Security Council`s permanent
members have "fully agreed" on a draft resolution on imposing
fresh sanctions on Iran over its controversial nuclear
programme, a Russian official said on Tuesday.
The permanent members have agreed on the coordinated
draft of the resolution for clamping new sanctions, an unnamed
Kremlin official was quoted as saying by ITAR-TASS.
"At this moment the draft of the UNSC resolution has
been fully agreed and we do not see any problems in adopting
it," the official said.
Earlier on Tuesday, speaking in Istanbul on the sidelines
of the Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building in
Asia (CICA), Prime Minister Vladimir Putin had also said that
the P-5 had readied a draft resolution on Iran.
Putin said all permanent members, including Russia and
China, have finalised the resolution on new sanctions on
Tehran for its refusal to cooperate with the International
Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and allay fears over its nuclear
Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said that his
country would not hold talks over the issue new sanctions were
slapped against it.
Turkey and Brazil brokered a deal with Iran last month
under which Tehran had committed to deposit 1,200 kilogrammes
of low-enriched uranium in Turkey in return for reactor fuel.
But the deal did not evoke a positive reaction from
Western powers led by the US, who said the deal failed to
address concerns about Iran`s nuclear programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends