UNSC P-5 agree on new Iran sanctions: Official
Moscow: UN Security Council`s permanent
members have "fully agreed" on a draft resolution on imposing
fresh sanctions on Iran over its controversial nuclear
programme, a Russian official said on Tuesday.
The permanent members have agreed on the coordinated
draft of the resolution for clamping new sanctions, an unnamed
Kremlin official was quoted as saying by ITAR-TASS.
"At this moment the draft of the UNSC resolution has
been fully agreed and we do not see any problems in adopting
it," the official said.
Earlier on Tuesday, speaking in Istanbul on the sidelines
of the Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building in
Asia (CICA), Prime Minister Vladimir Putin had also said that
the P-5 had readied a draft resolution on Iran.
Putin said all permanent members, including Russia and
China, have finalised the resolution on new sanctions on
Tehran for its refusal to cooperate with the International
Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and allay fears over its nuclear
Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said that his
country would not hold talks over the issue new sanctions were
slapped against it.
Turkey and Brazil brokered a deal with Iran last month
under which Tehran had committed to deposit 1,200 kilogrammes
of low-enriched uranium in Turkey in return for reactor fuel.
But the deal did not evoke a positive reaction from
Western powers led by the US, who said the deal failed to
address concerns about Iran`s nuclear programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?