UNSC slams Syria attack
New York: The UN Security Council has condemned "in the strongest terms" the multiple blasts in Syria`s northern city of Aleppo, which killed at least 40 people and injured more than 100.
The condemnation was part of a statement read to the press by Gert Rosenthal, permanent representative of Guatemala who holds the rotating council presidency for October, Xinhua reported.
The members of the Security Council condemned the Oct 3 attack in Aleppo, for which the Jebhat al-Nusra group affiliated with the Al Qaeda has claimed responsibility.
The council members "expressed their deep sympathy and sincere condolences to the families of the victims of these heinous acts and to the people of Syria", the statement said.
They reaffirmed that terrorism in all forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to international peace and security, and that any acts of terrorism are criminal and unjustifiable, regardless of their motivation, wherever, whenever and by whomsoever committed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir