UNSC slams Syria attack
New York: The UN Security Council has condemned "in the strongest terms" the multiple blasts in Syria`s northern city of Aleppo, which killed at least 40 people and injured more than 100.
The condemnation was part of a statement read to the press by Gert Rosenthal, permanent representative of Guatemala who holds the rotating council presidency for October, Xinhua reported.
The members of the Security Council condemned the Oct 3 attack in Aleppo, for which the Jebhat al-Nusra group affiliated with the Al Qaeda has claimed responsibility.
The council members "expressed their deep sympathy and sincere condolences to the families of the victims of these heinous acts and to the people of Syria", the statement said.
They reaffirmed that terrorism in all forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to international peace and security, and that any acts of terrorism are criminal and unjustifiable, regardless of their motivation, wherever, whenever and by whomsoever committed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad