Up to 10 killed in Iran gas pipeline blast: Report
Tehran: Up to 10 people are feared dead
from a gas pipeline blast near Iran`s northeastern city of
Mashhad and another 16 sustained burns of various degrees, the
Fars news agency reported on Saturday, the day after the accident.
"Around nine or 10 people have been reported dead and
some 16 of the people working there have been taken to
hospital in Mashhad, out of whom six were treated as
outpatients," Fars quoted Alireza Gharibi, managing director
of the state-run Iran Gas Engineering and Development Company,
Officials said yesterday that the explosion occurred when
a mechanical shovel struck a pipeline carrying gas from
Khangiran refinery near Turkmenistan border to the Iranian
holy city of Mashhad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls