Up to 10 killed in Iran gas pipeline blast: Report
Tehran: Up to 10 people are feared dead
from a gas pipeline blast near Iran`s northeastern city of
Mashhad and another 16 sustained burns of various degrees, the
Fars news agency reported on Saturday, the day after the accident.
"Around nine or 10 people have been reported dead and
some 16 of the people working there have been taken to
hospital in Mashhad, out of whom six were treated as
outpatients," Fars quoted Alireza Gharibi, managing director
of the state-run Iran Gas Engineering and Development Company,
Officials said yesterday that the explosion occurred when
a mechanical shovel struck a pipeline carrying gas from
Khangiran refinery near Turkmenistan border to the Iranian
holy city of Mashhad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”