Uruguay President apologises for Fernandez `old hag` quip
London: Uruguay`s President Jose Mujica has apologised for apparently referring to Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner as an `old hag`.
In a radio interview he offered `heartfelt apologies` and blamed the quip on his `rough language skills`.
Last week, Mujica was overheard saying that `this old hag is even worse than the cross-eyed man`.
According to the BBC, it was claimed that he referred to Fernandez and her late husband, whom she succeeded as president.
The comments, meant to be private, were accidentally caught and recorded by a nearby open microphone.
Mujica`s words caused outrage in the neighbouring country and led to an official protest, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Cuteness alert! Insanely adorable pictures of 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein' fame Ruhaanika Dhawan
- Mother Sofia Hayat displays her singing talent - Watch video
- Mercedes, GE among 'Make in India' investors
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117
- 'Kabali' Rajinikanth follows just one politician on Twitter; he is PM Narendra Modi