Uruguay President apologises for Fernandez `old hag` quip
London: Uruguay`s President Jose Mujica has apologised for apparently referring to Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner as an `old hag`.
In a radio interview he offered `heartfelt apologies` and blamed the quip on his `rough language skills`.
Last week, Mujica was overheard saying that `this old hag is even worse than the cross-eyed man`.
According to the BBC, it was claimed that he referred to Fernandez and her late husband, whom she succeeded as president.
The comments, meant to be private, were accidentally caught and recorded by a nearby open microphone.
Mujica`s words caused outrage in the neighbouring country and led to an official protest, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt