Uruguay President apologises for Fernandez `old hag` quip
London: Uruguay`s President Jose Mujica has apologised for apparently referring to Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner as an `old hag`.
In a radio interview he offered `heartfelt apologies` and blamed the quip on his `rough language skills`.
Last week, Mujica was overheard saying that `this old hag is even worse than the cross-eyed man`.
According to the BBC, it was claimed that he referred to Fernandez and her late husband, whom she succeeded as president.
The comments, meant to be private, were accidentally caught and recorded by a nearby open microphone.
Mujica`s words caused outrage in the neighbouring country and led to an official protest, the report added.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?