Uruguay President apologises for Fernandez `old hag` quip
London: Uruguay`s President Jose Mujica has apologised for apparently referring to Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner as an `old hag`.
In a radio interview he offered `heartfelt apologies` and blamed the quip on his `rough language skills`.
Last week, Mujica was overheard saying that `this old hag is even worse than the cross-eyed man`.
According to the BBC, it was claimed that he referred to Fernandez and her late husband, whom she succeeded as president.
The comments, meant to be private, were accidentally caught and recorded by a nearby open microphone.
Mujica`s words caused outrage in the neighbouring country and led to an official protest, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra