US: 10-year-old in court on manslaughter charge
Skowhegan (US): A 10-year-old US girl charged with juvenile manslaughter in the death of a 3-month-old baby has entered a "no answer" plea.
The girl bit her nails and looked down during her court hearing Monday in Maine.
Three-month-old Brooklyn Foss-Greenaway was staying overnight in the 10-year-old girl`s home in the care of the girl`s mother.
The mother called police on July 8 to report that the infant was not breathing, authorities said. The state hasn`t released the cause of death, but the baby`s mother was told that her child ingested medication and was suffocated.
The state chose not to try the girl as an adult. If convicted as a juvenile, the maximum penalty is incarceration until age 21.
The Associated Press generally does not identify juveniles accused of crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- It's so simple! Watch how to get ready sans make-up
- Hizbul Mujahideen commander killed in Kashmir gunfight
- BCCI rejected Cricket Advisory Committee's proposal to appoint Ravi Shastri batting coach - Here's why
- 7th Pay Commission: Centre may disburse increased allowances prospectively
- Tusshar Kapoor’s baby Laksshya born via surrogacy clicked with grandpa Jeetendra – See Pic