US: 10-year-old in court on manslaughter charge
Skowhegan (US): A 10-year-old US girl charged with juvenile manslaughter in the death of a 3-month-old baby has entered a "no answer" plea.
The girl bit her nails and looked down during her court hearing Monday in Maine.
Three-month-old Brooklyn Foss-Greenaway was staying overnight in the 10-year-old girl`s home in the care of the girl`s mother.
The mother called police on July 8 to report that the infant was not breathing, authorities said. The state hasn`t released the cause of death, but the baby`s mother was told that her child ingested medication and was suffocated.
The state chose not to try the girl as an adult. If convicted as a juvenile, the maximum penalty is incarceration until age 21.
The Associated Press generally does not identify juveniles accused of crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sacha Baron Cohen's father dies at 83
- AAP founder member Ilyas Azmi quits party, says 'autrocratic' Arvind Kejriwal doing 'communal politics'
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC to resume hearing on plea challenging HC order revoking President's Rule
- Who raped and murdered Jisha in Kerala? Here are a few theories
- Spot the hidden Panda in picture! Click here