US: 6-yr-old boy shot at by 4-yr-old, dies
Washington: A six-year-old boy has died in the US after being accidentally shot in head by his four-year-old neighbour while they were playing.
Brandon was playing with the four-year-old at his Toms River home in New Jersey on Monday evening when the latter left the yard and went inside.
"The 4-year-old ... Retrieved a rifle within the house, a .22-caliber rifle, came outside," according to Toms River police Chief Michael Mastronardy.
"... A shot went out and the 6-year-old was struck in the head."
Brandon Holt was pronounced dead yesterday at Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, CNN reported.
The 4-year-old, whose name was withheld, was not injured. The parents of the younger boy were home at the time of the incident.
The Atlantic County prosecutor`s office is leading the investigation to determine whether charges will be filed in the case and, if so, against whom, Mastronardy said Tuesday night.
The shooting came just days after a 4-year-old boy in Tennessee grabbed a loaded gun and accidentally shot to death the wife of a sheriff`s deputy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India