US: 6-yr-old boy shot at by 4-yr-old, dies
Washington: A six-year-old boy has died in the US after being accidentally shot in head by his four-year-old neighbour while they were playing.
Brandon was playing with the four-year-old at his Toms River home in New Jersey on Monday evening when the latter left the yard and went inside.
"The 4-year-old ... Retrieved a rifle within the house, a .22-caliber rifle, came outside," according to Toms River police Chief Michael Mastronardy.
"... A shot went out and the 6-year-old was struck in the head."
Brandon Holt was pronounced dead yesterday at Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, CNN reported.
The 4-year-old, whose name was withheld, was not injured. The parents of the younger boy were home at the time of the incident.
The Atlantic County prosecutor`s office is leading the investigation to determine whether charges will be filed in the case and, if so, against whom, Mastronardy said Tuesday night.
The shooting came just days after a 4-year-old boy in Tennessee grabbed a loaded gun and accidentally shot to death the wife of a sheriff`s deputy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test