US: 6-yr-old boy shot at by 4-yr-old, dies
Washington: A six-year-old boy has died in the US after being accidentally shot in head by his four-year-old neighbour while they were playing.
Brandon was playing with the four-year-old at his Toms River home in New Jersey on Monday evening when the latter left the yard and went inside.
"The 4-year-old ... Retrieved a rifle within the house, a .22-caliber rifle, came outside," according to Toms River police Chief Michael Mastronardy.
"... A shot went out and the 6-year-old was struck in the head."
Brandon Holt was pronounced dead yesterday at Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, CNN reported.
The 4-year-old, whose name was withheld, was not injured. The parents of the younger boy were home at the time of the incident.
The Atlantic County prosecutor`s office is leading the investigation to determine whether charges will be filed in the case and, if so, against whom, Mastronardy said Tuesday night.
The shooting came just days after a 4-year-old boy in Tennessee grabbed a loaded gun and accidentally shot to death the wife of a sheriff`s deputy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof