US a ‘parasite’ on the world economy: Putin
Seliger: The US spends beyond its means and "lives like a parasite off the global economy", Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said Monday.
US President Barack Obama said earlier in the day he had reached a deal with Republican and Democratic leaders to raise the nation`s debt ceiling by at least USD 2.1 trillion and avoid a default.
Speaking at a Russian political youth camp, Putin said the US exists to build up its debt by relying on credit.
"It lives beyond its means, taxing the global economy with its problems and living like a parasite off the global economy and the monopoly of the dollar," he said.
At the same time, the Russian head of government admitted that in the present day situation the US took a "balanced" decision as a possible default would also have affected the global economy, which would have been "no good at all", he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof