US accuses Iran of jamming radio, TV broadcasts in Europe
London: The US government-appointed body, which oversees the Voice of America and other US-sponsored broadcasts, has accused Iran of jamming radio and television programming in the Middle East and eastern Europe amid protests in Iran over the Iranian currency crisis.
The Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG) in the US has claimed that the jamming is coming from inside Iran and is in violation of the international telecommunications regulations, the Daily Express reports.
According to the report, BBG said that the interference, which began on Wednesday, is affecting VOA``s Persian service, along with Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty`s and Farsi-language programming from Radio Farda.
“The jamming is also affecting the BBC,” BBG said in a statement.
The board said the jamming was affecting satellite transponders operated by the Paris-based European satellite Eutelsat and had blocked programming not only to Iran but also broadcasts aimed at people in Georgia, Armenia, Bosnia and Korea, the report said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India