US activist Rachel Corrie’s death accidental: Israeli court
Haifa: The death of an American activist, Rachel Corrie, was ruled as an accident by an Israeli court on Tuesday.
Rachel Corrie, an American peace activist, was crushed to death in 2003 by an Israeli Army bulldozer while protesting against demolition of Palestinian homes in Gaza.
Corrie’s parents had filed a civil claim against Israeli Ministry of Defence for negligence claiming $1 million in damages.
Judge Oded Gershon called the incident “regrettable” and also said that the family of Rachel Corrie does not have any right to claim damages.
The judge said that the driver of the bulldozer had not seen Corrie. He further said despite the effort made by soldiers to keep people away from the designated area, Corrie did not distance herself from the location.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof