US agents, police raid notorious Puerto Rican slum
San Juan: The US attorney for Puerto Rico says authorities have broken up the island`s largest heroin distribution ring with a raid on a notorious seaside slum.
Rosa Emilia Rodriguez tells reporters the drug gang based in the slum known as La Perla supplied most of the heroin sold in Puerto Rico along with cocaine and other drugs.
Federal agents and Puerto Rican police officers swept through La Perla early Wednesday after a grand jury indicted 114 people on drug and weapons charges.
Among those arrested was Jorge Gomez Gonzalez, who has long served as an unofficial leader of the mazelike slum that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video