US Air Force sexual assault prevention chief charged with groping woman
New York: An Air Force personnel responsible for preventing sexual assaults, Lt. Col. Jeff Krusinski, has been charged with allegations of groping a woman in a parking lot.
Lt. Col. Krusinski has been suspended from his job as the head of the branch`s Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office, following his alleged assault at 12:35 a.m. on Sunday in the suburban section of the county, the New York Post reports.
According to a report by the Arlington County police, the drunken Lt. Col. grabbed the woman`s breasts and buttocks, as the woman fought him off and called the police.
U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand has expressed regret at the state of affairs saying that the status quo regarding sexual assaults in the military has gone beyond limits and is by no means acceptable, adding that she will propose new reforms in the law for crime against women next week that will ensure a change in military`s treatment of sexual assault cases and the culture perpetuating such crimes.
Lt. Col. Krusinski, who did not know the victim, has been released after he posted a 5,000 dollar personal recognizance bond.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert