US Air Force sexual assault prevention chief charged with groping woman
New York: An Air Force personnel responsible for preventing sexual assaults, Lt. Col. Jeff Krusinski, has been charged with allegations of groping a woman in a parking lot.
Lt. Col. Krusinski has been suspended from his job as the head of the branch`s Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office, following his alleged assault at 12:35 a.m. on Sunday in the suburban section of the county, the New York Post reports.
According to a report by the Arlington County police, the drunken Lt. Col. grabbed the woman`s breasts and buttocks, as the woman fought him off and called the police.
U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand has expressed regret at the state of affairs saying that the status quo regarding sexual assaults in the military has gone beyond limits and is by no means acceptable, adding that she will propose new reforms in the law for crime against women next week that will ensure a change in military`s treatment of sexual assault cases and the culture perpetuating such crimes.
Lt. Col. Krusinski, who did not know the victim, has been released after he posted a 5,000 dollar personal recognizance bond.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you