US air traffic head goes over sleeping controllers
Washington: The head of the Federal
Aviation Administration says the agency`s top official
overseeing the US air traffic system has resigned following
disclosures that controllers have been sleeping on the job.
FAA Administrator Randy Babbitt said in a statement
today that Hank Krakowski, head of the agency`s Air Traffic
Organization, has submitted his resignation. FAA`s chief
counsel, David Grizzle, temporarily will take over Krakowski`s
duties while the agency searches for a replacement.
Babbitt said he is conducting a "top to bottom" review
of the FAA`s air traffic system. He said recent disclosures of
"unprofessional conduct on the part of a few individuals" have
rightly caused the traveling public to question the system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan