US, allies supporting terrorism in Syria: Walid Muallem
United Nations: Speaking during the UN General Assembly meet, Syria`s foreign minister Walid Muallem accused the United States and its allies on Monday of supporting terrorism in Syria, according to the BBC.
However, he also said that President Bashar al-Assad is open to reforms if the violence stops. "We still believe in a political solution as an essential way out of the crisis," he said.
“France, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United States clearly induce and support terrorism in Syria with money, weapons and foreign fighters," Walid Muallem added.
For any kind of reform, he said UN members should press for an end to the "arming, financing, harboring and training of terrorist groups."
Muallem showed his grief by saying, “Washington and many of its allies accuse Syria`s government of mass human rights abuses in the ongoing struggle to put down the armed rebellion. But the Security Council have itself failed to condemn rebel bombings as some of its members are supporting such acts.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes