US, allies supporting terrorism in Syria: Walid Muallem
United Nations: Speaking during the UN General Assembly meet, Syria`s foreign minister Walid Muallem accused the United States and its allies on Monday of supporting terrorism in Syria, according to the BBC.
However, he also said that President Bashar al-Assad is open to reforms if the violence stops. "We still believe in a political solution as an essential way out of the crisis," he said.
“France, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United States clearly induce and support terrorism in Syria with money, weapons and foreign fighters," Walid Muallem added.
For any kind of reform, he said UN members should press for an end to the "arming, financing, harboring and training of terrorist groups."
Muallem showed his grief by saying, “Washington and many of its allies accuse Syria`s government of mass human rights abuses in the ongoing struggle to put down the armed rebellion. But the Security Council have itself failed to condemn rebel bombings as some of its members are supporting such acts.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH