US, allies supporting terrorism in Syria: Walid Muallem
United Nations: Speaking during the UN General Assembly meet, Syria`s foreign minister Walid Muallem accused the United States and its allies on Monday of supporting terrorism in Syria, according to the BBC.
However, he also said that President Bashar al-Assad is open to reforms if the violence stops. "We still believe in a political solution as an essential way out of the crisis," he said.
“France, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United States clearly induce and support terrorism in Syria with money, weapons and foreign fighters," Walid Muallem added.
For any kind of reform, he said UN members should press for an end to the "arming, financing, harboring and training of terrorist groups."
Muallem showed his grief by saying, “Washington and many of its allies accuse Syria`s government of mass human rights abuses in the ongoing struggle to put down the armed rebellion. But the Security Council have itself failed to condemn rebel bombings as some of its members are supporting such acts.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand