US ambassador to Kenya quits
Washington: The US ambassador to Kenya announced his resignation on Friday, saying "differences with Washington" have led him to step down.
"On June 24, Ambassador to Kenya Scott Gration submitted his letter of resignation, effective July 28," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland said in a statement.
"Ambassador Gration has served as US ambassador to Kenya since April 19, 2011. We wish him well as he moves into private life," Nuland said, without explaining the reasons for which he tendered his resignation.
However, Gration in an e-mail statement to the US media outlets said that his resignation is mainly due to his differences with the Obama Administration.
That "differences with Washington regarding my leadership style and certain priorities lead me to believe that it`s now time to leave”, he was quoted as saying by The Washington Post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened