US ambassador to Kenya quits
Washington: The US ambassador to Kenya announced his resignation on Friday, saying "differences with Washington" have led him to step down.
"On June 24, Ambassador to Kenya Scott Gration submitted his letter of resignation, effective July 28," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland said in a statement.
"Ambassador Gration has served as US ambassador to Kenya since April 19, 2011. We wish him well as he moves into private life," Nuland said, without explaining the reasons for which he tendered his resignation.
However, Gration in an e-mail statement to the US media outlets said that his resignation is mainly due to his differences with the Obama Administration.
That "differences with Washington regarding my leadership style and certain priorities lead me to believe that it`s now time to leave”, he was quoted as saying by The Washington Post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves