US ambassador to Kenya quits
Washington: The US ambassador to Kenya announced his resignation on Friday, saying "differences with Washington" have led him to step down.
"On June 24, Ambassador to Kenya Scott Gration submitted his letter of resignation, effective July 28," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland said in a statement.
"Ambassador Gration has served as US ambassador to Kenya since April 19, 2011. We wish him well as he moves into private life," Nuland said, without explaining the reasons for which he tendered his resignation.
However, Gration in an e-mail statement to the US media outlets said that his resignation is mainly due to his differences with the Obama Administration.
That "differences with Washington regarding my leadership style and certain priorities lead me to believe that it`s now time to leave”, he was quoted as saying by The Washington Post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog