US `an Islamic country`
Washington: A member of the US Department of Homeland Security Advisory Council has posted a controversial tweet defining America as an "Islamic country".
Mohamed Elibiary tweeted he considered the United States of America as an Islamic country with a Muslim-compliant Constitution, the Washington Times reports.
The controversial statement came in response to a query by a Twitter user asking Elibiary to give him just one example of an Islamic country where non-Muslims are treated with equality.
According to the report, Elibiary has served on the department`s "Countering Violent Extremist Working Group," as well as its "Faith-based Security and Communications Advisory Committee."
He is also a strong supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists