US asks China to address the concerns of Tibetans
Washington: The United States has asked China to address the human rights concerns of the people of Tibet, in the absence of which there has been no letup in the self-immolation bids by the Tibetans.
"We continue, publicly and privately, to urge the Chinese government at all levels to address policies in Tibetan areas that have created tensions and threatened the distinct religious, cultural and linguistic identity of the Tibetan people," the State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell told reporters at a news conference yesterday.
"So we call on the Chinese government to permit Tibetans to express their grievances freely, publicly, peacefully and without fear of retribution," he said, adding this is something that is very much a part of the country`s dialogue with the Chinese government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!