US asks China to respect the rights of wife of Liu Xiaobo
Washington: The United States has asked China to allow the wife of Liu Xiaobo, who has been awarded this year`s Noble peace prize, to move freely.
The State Department spokesman P J Crowley expressed concern over reports that the wife of Liu Xiaobo has been confined to her home and Western diplomats have not been
allowed to see her.
"We are concerned. It is something that we are watching very closely, and we believe that her rights should be respected and she should be allowed to move freely without
harassment," Crowley told reporters
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming