US assessing reported Syrian chemical use: Hagel
Washington: The Pentagon chief says the US and its allies are still trying to figure out details of Syria`s suspected use of chemical weapons against its own people.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel says US and allied intelligence agencies are "continuing to assess what happened, when, where and so on."
The Obama administration said last week that US intelligence had concluded that Syrian government forces been.
Britain, France and Israel also believe chemical weapons have been used in Syria`s likely used chemical agents against rebels in two attacks, but said there were "varying degrees of confidence" about how large an attack it may have two-year-old civil war.
President Barack Obama has said such use would bring "enormous consequences" for the Syrian regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach