US assessing reported Syrian chemical use: Hagel
Washington: The Pentagon chief says the US and its allies are still trying to figure out details of Syria`s suspected use of chemical weapons against its own people.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel says US and allied intelligence agencies are "continuing to assess what happened, when, where and so on."
The Obama administration said last week that US intelligence had concluded that Syrian government forces been.
Britain, France and Israel also believe chemical weapons have been used in Syria`s likely used chemical agents against rebels in two attacks, but said there were "varying degrees of confidence" about how large an attack it may have two-year-old civil war.
President Barack Obama has said such use would bring "enormous consequences" for the Syrian regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in