‘US attempts to rope in India to contain China’
Beijing: US is wooing India to build a new Asia-Pacific strategic structure to contain China,
complicating Sino-Indian ties, according to a write up in the state media here on Monday.
The write up in the `People`s Daily` online said the US
policy to "besiege" China with intricate network of alliances
with India has become a "test" for the Sino-Indian ties.
"In recent years, China and India`s cooperation has made
significant achievements in various areas and both countries
have maintained good coordination and cooperation in dealing
with major international affairs, including border issues," it
But America`s attempts to rope in India to build new
Asia-Pacific strategic structure to contain China is
complicating bilateral ties between the two Asian neighbours,
the write up said.
"The development of the China-India relations is being
tested by the US` strategic adjustment in the Asia-Pacific
Region, which will have a complicated and in-depth influence
on the future of China-India relations," it said referring to
US` attempts to build alliances especially in Beijing`s
The article also referred to multinational military
co-operation, including US-Australia-India cooperation and US
"One of the main topics of the dialogue is on how to deal
with China`s growing global military and political status.
India`s participation put it into the diplomatic network
jointly established by the United States and Japan with the
purpose of besieging China," it said.
"Both China and India are the world`s largest developing
countries and emerging economies. The two countries have many
common strategic interests, not withstanding certain
China and India have similar views and common strategic
needs in many aspects of international affairs, and share
common understanding and value judgements in quite many
fields," it said.
For example, both are unanimous in opposing unipolar
world while supporting a multi polar world; both need a stable
and peaceful environment for development, it said.
"To this end, the possibility for both countries to make
friendly cooperation is much greater than that of walking
toward conflicts and war. Therefore, China and India need to
deal with bilateral relations from a strategic perspective."
"This will be conductive to create a mutual trust and
benefit featured Asian security environment and deter
penetration from foreign powers who attempt to interfere with
Asian affairs," the write up said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?