US, Austria agree to discuss spying allegations
Vienna: Experts from the US and Austria will meet to discuss concerns over alleged US spying activities, ministers from both countries have agreed.
Austrian Minister for Foreign Affairs Sebastian Kurz confirmed the news Tuesday, following a meeting with US
Secretary of State John Kerry prior to his departure from Austria following a three-day visit, Xinhua reported.
Kurz told the APA allegations over US spying activities, particularly concerning alleged CIA moles operating in
Germany that were based at the US embassy in Vienna, are "very serious" and that there are "open questions from our side".
He and his US counterpart Kerry had thus agreed upon the discussions, specifically to enable the relevant expert personnel from the US Defence and Interior Departments to bring clarity to the matter.
"Maybe the matter will be resolved, maybe it won`t, and if so we will take appropriate action," Kurz said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know