US bar displays pictures of Sikh Gurus, outrages community
Washington: A pub in the city of Hollywood near Los Angeles has displayed full size posters of Sikh Gurus in their bar area, outraging the community members and forcing the owners to issue an apology.
Pikey Bar agreed to take down the pictures of Sikh Guru after community members lodged a protest with the pub owners.
"We have lodged a protest," Satnam Singh Chahal, the executive director of the North American Punjabi Association (NAPA), told a news agency.
"This is outrageous," he said, adding that he urged the management of the Pikey Bar to immediately remove these posters.
"Manager of the Bar has assured us that these pictures of Sikh Gurus will be removed immediately. They have apologised for this act," Chahal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users