US begins transporting French troops to Mali
Segou: US Africa Command says American planes have begun transporting French troops and equipment in support of the country`s mission in Mali.
Tom Saunders, a spokesman for US Africa Command in Stuttgart, Germany said today that the US Air Force C-17 transport began flights yesterday from the French base in Istres, France, to Bamako.
He said two flights arrived in Bamako on Monday and a third arrived Tuesday morning.
Saunders said the missions will operate over the next several days. He said he could not give any details on how many more flights were envisioned for operational security reasons, and referred any questions about how much equipment and how many soldiers were being transported to the French Ministry of Defence.
- If I say I like Pizza will they expunge that too? Asks Subramanian Swamy
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- Simply hilarious! Protesters storm PWD office, perform 'nagin dance' against official apathy - Watch
- Australia blocks China from buying 1% of its landmass
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan