US boss held in China leaves plant after payout
Beijing: A US company boss has been released after he and a union representative say a pay dispute was resolved with the Chinese workers who had been detaining him at a Beijing plant.
Chip Starnes said today, a deal was reached overnight to pay the scores of workers who had demanded severance packages similar to ones given to laid-off co-workers in a phased-out division, even though the company said the remaining workers weren`t being laid off.
Neither Starnes nor district labor official Chu Lixiang gave details of the agreed compensation. Chu said all of the workers would be terminated, and Starnes said some of them would be rehired later.
Chu told reporters that the dispute was resolved "to each side`s satisfaction."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!