`US can defend against N Korea nuclear strike`
Washington: The White House says the US is fully capable of defending itself against a North Korean ballistic missile attack.
White House spokesman Jay Carney was responding on Thursday to the North`s vow to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the US.
That threat came in retaliation for tough new UN sanctions against Pyongyang for its recent nuclear test. Carney says the sanctions further isolate North Korea and show its leaders what will happen if they defy the international community.
He says the breadth and severity of the sanctions show the world takes seriously the threat of North Korea`s nuclear program.
North Korea boasts of nuclear bombs but isn`t thought to have the ability to produce a warhead that could be used on a missile capable of reaching the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9: This Video reveals how well does Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma know his team-mates!
- Indian small cars to benefit from Sri Lanka import duty changes
- Pakistan bans contraceptive advertisements on TV, radio
- Janet Yellen says Fed rate hike likely appropriate in coming months
- Nico Hulkenberg, Sergio Perez provide qualifying boost for Force India