`US can defend against N Korea nuclear strike`
Washington: The White House says the US is fully capable of defending itself against a North Korean ballistic missile attack.
White House spokesman Jay Carney was responding on Thursday to the North`s vow to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the US.
That threat came in retaliation for tough new UN sanctions against Pyongyang for its recent nuclear test. Carney says the sanctions further isolate North Korea and show its leaders what will happen if they defy the international community.
He says the breadth and severity of the sanctions show the world takes seriously the threat of North Korea`s nuclear program.
North Korea boasts of nuclear bombs but isn`t thought to have the ability to produce a warhead that could be used on a missile capable of reaching the US.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India