`US can defend against N Korea nuclear strike`
Washington: The White House says the US is fully capable of defending itself against a North Korean ballistic missile attack.
White House spokesman Jay Carney was responding on Thursday to the North`s vow to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the US.
That threat came in retaliation for tough new UN sanctions against Pyongyang for its recent nuclear test. Carney says the sanctions further isolate North Korea and show its leaders what will happen if they defy the international community.
He says the breadth and severity of the sanctions show the world takes seriously the threat of North Korea`s nuclear program.
North Korea boasts of nuclear bombs but isn`t thought to have the ability to produce a warhead that could be used on a missile capable of reaching the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Leaked Scorpene papers won't affect stealth aspect: Indian Navy
- Powerful 6.8 magnitude quake damages Myanmar`s famed Bagan temples: Police
- Hyundai Elantra 2016: Enjoy 360 Experience drive with Shah Rukh Khan
- Police Scotland make hijab part of official uniform
- Bastian Schweinsteiger not giving up on Manchester United