`US can defend against N Korea nuclear strike`
Washington: The White House says the US is fully capable of defending itself against a North Korean ballistic missile attack.
White House spokesman Jay Carney was responding on Thursday to the North`s vow to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the US.
That threat came in retaliation for tough new UN sanctions against Pyongyang for its recent nuclear test. Carney says the sanctions further isolate North Korea and show its leaders what will happen if they defy the international community.
He says the breadth and severity of the sanctions show the world takes seriously the threat of North Korea`s nuclear program.
North Korea boasts of nuclear bombs but isn`t thought to have the ability to produce a warhead that could be used on a missile capable of reaching the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea