US, China conclude strategic talks
Washington: The US and China concluded their fifth round of annual Strategic and Economic Dialogue (S&ED) here on Thursday.
US Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, who co-chaired the dialogue, said in the closing session that the dialogue built on the agreements made by Chinese President Xi Jinping and his US counterpart Barack Obama at a summit in California last month, reported Xinhua.
Lew highlighted progress made in discussions concerning economic cooperation, energy, finance and cyber issues.
China`s Vice Premier Wang Yang, one of the two Chinese co-chairs of the dialogue, also noted progress made on investment and trade issues.
Wang said senior officials from both sides have familiarised with each other and deepened mutual understanding, adding the S&ED can become an important platform in building a new type of major power relationship between the two countries.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in