US, China conclude strategic talks
Washington: The US and China concluded their fifth round of annual Strategic and Economic Dialogue (S&ED) here on Thursday.
US Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, who co-chaired the dialogue, said in the closing session that the dialogue built on the agreements made by Chinese President Xi Jinping and his US counterpart Barack Obama at a summit in California last month, reported Xinhua.
Lew highlighted progress made in discussions concerning economic cooperation, energy, finance and cyber issues.
China`s Vice Premier Wang Yang, one of the two Chinese co-chairs of the dialogue, also noted progress made on investment and trade issues.
Wang said senior officials from both sides have familiarised with each other and deepened mutual understanding, adding the S&ED can become an important platform in building a new type of major power relationship between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed