US, China conclude strategic talks
Washington: The US and China concluded their fifth round of annual Strategic and Economic Dialogue (S&ED) here on Thursday.
US Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, who co-chaired the dialogue, said in the closing session that the dialogue built on the agreements made by Chinese President Xi Jinping and his US counterpart Barack Obama at a summit in California last month, reported Xinhua.
Lew highlighted progress made in discussions concerning economic cooperation, energy, finance and cyber issues.
China`s Vice Premier Wang Yang, one of the two Chinese co-chairs of the dialogue, also noted progress made on investment and trade issues.
Wang said senior officials from both sides have familiarised with each other and deepened mutual understanding, adding the S&ED can become an important platform in building a new type of major power relationship between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections