US, China conclude strategic talks
Washington: The US and China concluded their fifth round of annual Strategic and Economic Dialogue (S&ED) here on Thursday.
US Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, who co-chaired the dialogue, said in the closing session that the dialogue built on the agreements made by Chinese President Xi Jinping and his US counterpart Barack Obama at a summit in California last month, reported Xinhua.
Lew highlighted progress made in discussions concerning economic cooperation, energy, finance and cyber issues.
China`s Vice Premier Wang Yang, one of the two Chinese co-chairs of the dialogue, also noted progress made on investment and trade issues.
Wang said senior officials from both sides have familiarised with each other and deepened mutual understanding, adding the S&ED can become an important platform in building a new type of major power relationship between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi