US, China conclude strategic talks
Washington: The US and China concluded their fifth round of annual Strategic and Economic Dialogue (S&ED) here on Thursday.
US Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, who co-chaired the dialogue, said in the closing session that the dialogue built on the agreements made by Chinese President Xi Jinping and his US counterpart Barack Obama at a summit in California last month, reported Xinhua.
Lew highlighted progress made in discussions concerning economic cooperation, energy, finance and cyber issues.
China`s Vice Premier Wang Yang, one of the two Chinese co-chairs of the dialogue, also noted progress made on investment and trade issues.
Wang said senior officials from both sides have familiarised with each other and deepened mutual understanding, adding the S&ED can become an important platform in building a new type of major power relationship between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'