US, China conduct first counter-piracy Naval drill
Dubai: The US Navy says it has carried out its first joint counter-piracy naval exercises with China off the Horn of Africa.
The Navy`s Bahrain-based 5th Fleet said today that teams from the guided missile destroyer USS Winston S Churchill and Chinese frigate Yi Yang practiced boarding and search operations aboard the American ship yesterday.
The Navy says the aim was to prepare the countries to work together in searching suspicious vessels and to respond to pirated ships.
The US routinely conducts military exercises with other countries, but this was the first bilateral counter-piracy drill with China, which is a growing naval power.
The US Navy this week launched a separate exercise in the Mideast involving more than two dozen countries. That drill is focused on countering anti-ship mines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000