US, China conduct first counter-piracy Naval drill
Dubai: The US Navy says it has carried out its first joint counter-piracy naval exercises with China off the Horn of Africa.
The Navy`s Bahrain-based 5th Fleet said today that teams from the guided missile destroyer USS Winston S Churchill and Chinese frigate Yi Yang practiced boarding and search operations aboard the American ship yesterday.
The Navy says the aim was to prepare the countries to work together in searching suspicious vessels and to respond to pirated ships.
The US routinely conducts military exercises with other countries, but this was the first bilateral counter-piracy drill with China, which is a growing naval power.
The US Navy this week launched a separate exercise in the Mideast involving more than two dozen countries. That drill is focused on countering anti-ship mines.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Even after 24 hours, Visakhapatnam fire 'raging and out of control'; 41 fire tenders rushed
- Efforts to be made to restore NMNH specimens: Javadekar
- Check out! These are the top 10 defaulters in India; Kingfisher Airlines at No. 9?
- Shades of DMK promises in Cong manifesto for TN polls
- Chewbacca is not just a Star Wars character's name anymore!